Advanced STEM Pedagogy
3.0 Credit, 3 Lecture, 0 Lab
Inquiry-based pedagogies characteristic of STEM education applying contemporary theories of teaching and learning. Integrating STEM disciplines through a variety of instructional strategies and models.
Theories of Learning
- The candidates will compare and contrast theories of learning & development underlying inquiry in each of the four STEM disciplines.
- The candidates will review and analyze the pedagogical perspectives promoted by the education standards documents associated with each of the four STEM disciplines.
- The candidates will explain the processes characterizing authentic work in each of the four STEM disciplines.
- Candidates will compare and contrast the nature of school-based inquiry within the four STEM disciplines
- Candidates will design lessons appropriate to their individual teaching contexts that involve the integration of inquiry representative of multiple STEM disciplines.
- Candidates will describe the nature of school-based inquiry in each of the four STEM disciplines.