Department:Counseling Psychology and Special Education Department Courses >
3.0 Credit, 3 Lecture, 0 Lab
An overview of qualitative research synthesis, methods for systematic literature reviews and meta-analysis. A balanced approach between conceptualization and application with practice using existing data sets and statistical packages.
Outcomes shared by Tim Smith
Students will demonstrate understanding the following concepts:
- Under what circumstances are meta-analyses most useful?
- What are common errors made when conducting a meta-analysis?
- What are the professional guidelines for conducting a meta-analysis?
- What are optimal steps for data collection (literature searches) for a meta-analysis?
- What are methods to evaluate possible publication bias in a meta-analysis?
- What considerations need to be taken when developing a meta-analytic data coding sheet?
- What are the three most common effect size metrics and their interpretation in terms of magnitude (small, medium, large)?
- How are meta-analytic data aggregated and analyzed?