Department:Counseling Psychology and Special Education Department Courses >
Course:Biological Basis of Behavior
Biological Basis of Behavior
3.0 Credit, 3 Lecture, 0 Lab
Biological basis of human behavior: relationship between neurological processes and behavior; medications used in treating various disorders.
Basic principles of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology
1. Discuss basic principles of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology.
2. Critically discuss the way in which psychotropic drugs are distributed, metabolized, and excreted.
Way in which different psychotropic agents modify behavior
3. Compare and contrast the way in which different psychotropic agents modify behavior by altering neurotransmitter systems.
4. Describe drug classification and which drugs are used to treat different disorders.
Psychobiology of drug abuse
5. Be familiar with the psychobiology of drug abuse, classes of abused drugs, and drug abuse treatment alternatives.
6. Be familiar with various forms of neurologic impairment and accompanying behavioral manifestations.