The IT & Cybersecurity (MS) degree is expected to be completed within three years.
This degree will prepare students for information technology (IT) and cybersecurity leadership positions, needed by so many organizations today. The curriculum addresses the many applications and developments of IT and Cybersecurity, focusing on those in science, engineering, and technology. The MS degree is awarded to students who have mastered a professional level of education in core and related areas of information technologies and cybersecurity.
Requirements for Degree.
- Credit hours: 24 minimum approved course hours plus 6 thesis hours (Tech 699R)
- A minimum of 21 graduate hours approved by your committee, including at least 12 hours from the IT & Cybersecurity courses (IT&C 500 or IT&C 600 level). An approved study list is required
- Examination: Oral defense of thesis
We recommend applying for admittance during Fall or Winter semesters, due to limited course offerings during Spring term. If you would like to be admitted during a Spring term, please speak with the program coordinator before applying.
No applicants are accepted for Summer term.
• GRE (GMAT may be substituted but waivers will not be granted)
• English Proficiency (Please see English Proficiency Tests for further information.)
1. Minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA
2. Baccalaureate degree in information technology or related field
3. Basic sciences background, along with engineering mathematics, computers or electronics
4. Statement of intent
6. Three letters of recommendation