At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify research problems and questions.
- Identify the appropriate research methodology to address a given problem or question.
- Identify the standards and procedures of ethical research practices in music education.
- Articulate the key elements of quantitative, qualitative, historical, and philosophical research designs. Also, included will be action research or research on your own teaching in your own classroom.
- Effectively read, evaluate, and critique data and research findings particular to music education.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative research data.
- Conduct research literature reviews and synthesizing the material into their own practice.
- Access and utilize the basic music education research journals and other sources of research reports and summaries, including online sources.
- Clearly and effectively express research and teaching ideas in writing.
- Apply the principles of gospel teaching and learning in music research and teaching.