- The candidate will gain an understanding of the strength and limitations of educational research.
Action Research Cycle
- The candidate will gain an understanding of the action research cycle and the potential of research to inform and shape practice in schools.
- The candidate will critically negotiate and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- The candidate will gain awareness of the issues related to the ethical treatment of research participants and learn how to protect human subjects.
- The candidates will locate and create a review of relevant and current literature to provide a theoretical and historical framework for research problems and questions.
- The candidates will design a research methodology (quantitative and/or qualitative) that describes how the question(s) will be answered and that illuminates any limitations to the study.